Working in partnership

Do I need an application?

The guides below will help you find out whether or not the specific work to your dwelling you have in mind requires Building Regulations or planning permission:

The Interactive House External Hyperlink (this is an external hyperlink) is a simple guide to how this legislation applies to works to dwellinghouses or in their gardens.

For works to dwellinghouses or in their gardens, complete and send a form from the list below; we will reply with the Council's written view on the need for both Building Regulations and Planning permission:


Fareham Borough Council Gosport Borough Council Portsmouth City Council
bsi ISO 9001 RICS