Working in partnership

Demolition Applications

Image of demolition site

When intending to demolish a building in the Boroughs of Gosport or Fareham or Portsmouth, official notice must be given to the Building Control Partnership, usually a minimum of six weeks prior to the intended start date. You can use the Intended Demolition online form, or contact us to request the standard notification form.

Please note that Planning permission may also be required to demolish dwellings and other commercial and industrial buildings. For further advice on Planning issues, please use the following contact numbers:

In order for us to process this application you must also provide

You must notify all owners with properties adjacent to the site, together with service providers such as water, gas, electricity etc, by sending them a copy of the notification form and location plan. This will allow service providers to arrange with you for their services to be safely disconnected.

When you submit an application, you will be sent an acknowledgement letter containing a pin number and web address, that will give you online access to our case tracker facility. This will allow you to monitor the progress of your application and view the documents associated with it.

The Building Control Partnership may also consult Environmental Health / Highways / Planning Departments and the Hampshire Fire and Rescue prior to the issuing of a demolition notice.

Within 6 weeks of receiving this completed application, we will issue a Section 81 Demolition Notice which sets out the course of the demolition work and sets out a number of conditions that have to be complied with during the demolition works necessary in order to maintain public safety and public amenity.

When you have received the Section 81 Notice from us, you may commence demolition works. Please do not forget to notify us of this date.


Fareham Borough Council Gosport Borough Council Portsmouth City Council
bsi ISO 9001 RICS