Working in partnership

New individual address

Image of house number

Where a new house is erected on an in-fill site between existing properties, the new dwelling will be given a number which follows on from the existing properties. In many cases this will have to be a suffix of the adjoining number, i.e. 16a, 17b. Where building takes place on the site of a demolished property, the new building may inherit the existing number.

In order to make an application for a new address, we would request that an the following is submitted

If the existing properties do not have numbers, chosen names may be proposed. The name will then be checked to ensure it does not conflict with any others within the local vicinity and then the statutory bodies will be notified as before.


Fareham Borough Council Gosport Borough Council Portsmouth City Council
bsi ISO 9001 RICS